OAP ‘very lucky’ after explosion rips off roof in Whitecraig
AN elderly woman has been rushed to hospital with serious burns after an explosion ripped through her Whitecraig home.
It is believed the blast may have been caused by a faulty cooker.
The explosion took place shortly before 1pm last Friday, causing serious damage to the roof and the gable end of the semi-detached property at 81 Carberry Court.
The roof had collapsed to the front and rear of the property.
An East Lothian Council investigation has confirmed that they will need to be replaced.
Injured in the blast was Spanish-born Juanita Tuckey (76), who has lived at the property for nearly 10 years. She suffered burns to her hands and lower arms and is being treated at St John’s Hospital in Livingston.
A council spokesman revealed that the explosion was thought to have been caused by a faulty cooker, but it was still to be confirmed. He added that the council were currently stabilising the building and would provide Ms Tuckey with alternative accommodation if her home was still unsafe when she leaves hospital.
For full story see the East Lothian News and Musselburgh News - on sale now.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Musselburgh
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 7 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West