Energy scheme offered to East Lothian households
Households across Scotland will get the chance to save money on energy bills as part of a collective buying initiative starting on Monday, February 18.
Residents in East Lothian, along with those in partner local authority areas, City of Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scottish Borders and Fife will have until Sunday, March 17, to join in to secure a better deal from energy companies by buying energy together.
The more people that take part, the better the deal will become and there’s no obligation to switch.
People who join up at the start will still be able to benefit from the price achieved by the total number of people switching at the end.
To join in the scheme you will need to follow these steps:
1. Grab a recent energy bill.
2. Go online to the Scots Together website.
3. Enter your details and have a look at the deal that Scots Together have organised by getting lots of people like you together to bulk buy electricity and gas. The more people that sign up, the better the deal becomes. If there’s a different deal that’s better for you or you’re already on the best possible price then Scots Together will be sure to let you know. They will also offer an option for energy from a more sustainable source.
4. Decide whether to switch or not. There is no obligation. If you would like to switch you’ll need to accept the offer by 17 March 2013.
5. Pass it on - the more people that sign up, the better the deal for everyone.
If you want to talk to an adviser or refer someone that doesn’t have internet access, call the Scots Together freephone advice line - 0800 508 0155.
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Musselburgh
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 3 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 5 C to 11 C
Wind Speed: 23 mph
Wind direction: North west